Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Questionnaire

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?Hot chocolate for sure. I really dislike eggnog, just the smell makes me want to throw up a little bit! I really don't drink much hot chocolate either, but I do enjoy it, especially if it has peppermint in it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Always unwrapped, Santa gifts are out in front and are assembled and ready to be played with so mom has a chance to drink some coffee before the "open this" requests start.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights, preferably the icicle kind, I think they are so very pretty. We also only put white on the tree. I don't really dig the colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Never have

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I start putting them up the day after Thanksgiving, I like to be done by December 1st.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I am not sure, Christmas food isn't my favorite. My dad always makes prime rib, so gross!! I would have to say it's the spinach and Swiss cheese dish my mom makes.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I can't think of a favorite, I have a terrible memory so I don't know.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember this either. I was probably pretty old.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
One gift right before bed on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My tree is a mash up of all the decorations I've bought the girls over the years, the ornaments my mom bought me over the years, the ones I've bought for hubs and for us together and then ones the girls have made. We have white lights too. It's a nice mix.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
IDK. We don't have snow here. I suppose the idea of snow is nice.

12. Can you ice skate?
I can, it's fun. I've only been a few times but I enjoyed it every time.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Gosh, that's a hard one. I don't remember one favorite. I remember getting a computer when I was 13 and I thought that was amazing.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
It has to be being with my family. I love spending lazy days with the girls and watching them enjoy the season and giving, and then watching them open and enjoy the gifts we've bought them.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Apple pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Tough call - watching the girls decorate the tree is up there, moving the elf and watching the girls find him every morning, and going on the Christmas house tour with my mom are my favorites.

17. What tops your tree?
We have a Santa tree topper, but the tree is tall and the roof is low so there isn't anything on there right now.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving, it is so much more fun to pick gifts, wrap them and then watch them be opened than to receive. I love making the people I love happy!!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum doesn't even come close to covering it! I ADORE candy canes and everything peppermint!!

20. Favorite Christmas show?
A Christmas Story, Four Christmases (because hubs and I went and saw it on one of our first dates), and Santa Clause are my tops. But, I love Christmas movies and shows so we watch them a lot during the season!!
21. Saddest Christmas song?
The Christmas Shoes, so so horribly sad, I avoid it like the plague. I cry EVERY TIME I hear it! Not my kind of Christmas song!!

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
My favorite Christmas song is harder. My new favorite is a tiny bit embarrassing, I love Justin Bieber's Mistletoe I also adore listening to the girls sing I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and then my all time favorite is (probably) White Christmas sung by Bing.

Now you answer and link up with Jenn at Jenn's Adventures!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to do this tomorrow and link you :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! lovvvved reading this--I'm so happy you linked up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just crying to the Christmas Shoes the other day, who thinks of songs like that really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added it to my blog too :) Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea. If I have time tomorrow I will try to answer them on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete