Thursday, December 1, 2011

11.5 Miles to a Bonk!

First I have to say, streak day 2 done! Today's long run did not go as planned. The morning started out perfectly normal, we got up and headed up. We went to Starbucks to buy all the girls teachers coffee for our RACK, I dropped everyone off with their treats and treats for their teachers. I didn't get anything at Starbucks since I only ever eat 2 Clif Shot Blox before I run. I took some along with me for my 10 miler, but forgot today. Everything started fine, I was pretty bundled up since it was only 37 degrees out, but I felt good. I was consistently doing 10:30 miles for the first 5-5.5 miles. Then I did a hill and it was HARD, but I recovered and went on. About a mile and a half later I just felt DONE!! I was dragging, I had nothing but water to get me home (I'm dumb!). I made it, I felt pukey, I was sore!

I showered and ate a bagel thin with peanut butter, all fruit, and a nice glass of milk and started feeling ok. I laid on the couch and watched TV for a bit and took a 10 minute power nap. Then I had lunch, another bagel thin with turkey, spinach, mustard, and craisins. I feel pretty good now, but I'm really bummed about the crappy run. Tonight's the Christmas Parade so we'll all be out in the freezing cold weather for hours, brrr!! I'll have some pictures tomorrow. Have a great Thursday night everyone.

Almost forgot to say I'm doing another virtual 5K this week



HBBC points
11/30
7 fruits/veggies =1
2.6 miles

12/1
11.5 miles

2 comments:

  1. wow! you are incredible for pushing through a tough run like that. glad you are feeling better now! have fun at the parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in on the race, means a lot to me! Great job for pushing through a run!

    ReplyDelete