Kim at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls tagged me in her 21 random bits post so now I have to think of 21 random tidbits about myself to fill you all in on (and then tag 5 of you to do the same).
1. I changed my major twice in college. I started college intending to be an OB/GYN and then changed to an English major when I decided I didn't want to be in school for so long and end with over $100,000 in student loans. Then I ended up changing my major again to Recreation Administration.
2. My degree is pretty much a degree in playing games! It is a BS in Recreation Administration with an emphasis on Leisure Services Management. I took classes like rock climbing, survival skills, ropes course facilitator, and other fun things where I had to teach people to play games and have fun in parks.
3. I did not fly in a plane until I was 20 (except one time in a two seater with my dad when I was a teenager). I HATE flying.
4. I love Justin Bieber. I bought his Christmas CD for me, not the girls.
5. I cry over really silly things. There is a song on the kids station (Fits Right In) that makes me cry, reading other people's race reports make me cry, weddings (even on TV) always make me cry, the National Anthem makes me cry, you get the point.
6. I hate needles but I willingly give blood, have had my nose, belly button, and tongue (x2) pierced and have 7 tattoos.
7. I spent my first year of college at a private all-girls college in SoCal that is a sister school of the school that Real Genius (you must watch this if you haven't seen it) was loosely based on and the movie was also filmed there.
8. I've never broken a bone, only my nose.
9. Watching or hearing people throw up or gag makes me laugh. Case in point, my coworker almost threw up from a story another coworker told and I almost (like seriously!!) peed my pants I was laughing so hard. It comes in really handy when the girls are sick.
10. Disneyland is my very favorite place on Earth! I would live there if it was possible. We have gone every year for Christmas since 2000, this year will be the first year we don't go since we are going next month for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. We even went in 2006 when Hannah was 6 days old.
11. The only time I've ever been out of the country was on a Mexican Riviera cruise with my parents after I graduated High School.
12. My favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye
13. My all time favorite movie is Pleasantville, yet I don't own it...
14. I have HORRIBLE short term memory, I completely forget things as if they never happened!
15. I live in the house I grew up in. It was my grandparents house and after my grandma died in 2005 I sold my house and downsized to keep it.
16. My favorite color is bubble gum pink, I'm 3 at heart.
17. When I was little I had over 25 Barbies that were collector's editions and my mom made me keep them in the boxes so that they would retain their value and now they are gone. Disappeared! They were so pretty and all I wanted to do was play with them and now I wish I still had them mint in the box to look at (they got lost in a move at some point...)
18. I played the flute through high school. My oldest daughter started playing my flute this year.
19. I got chased by a bear once. It was at camp and it didn't really chase us, it was actually as scared as we were, but it ran the same direction as we did for a bit and therefore we thought we were being chased!
20. I met John Candy once at a Kings hockey game. I got his autograph and he was as sweet as could be. Jim McMahon was at the same game and he was a horrible, drunk jerk!
21. My husband is 8 years older than me, which makes him 40!
Now to tag 5 of you to play -
1. Falon @ Falon Does Marathon
2. Carrie @ Family Fitness Food
3. Kara @ It's a dock lick baby world
4. Laura @ Mommy, run fast!
5. Marcia @ The Studly Runner