Sunday, August 12, 2012

I was attacked!

Last night happened to be one of my favorite nights of the year, Ice Cream Zoofari! For the uninitiated it is an event at our zoo where you get all you can eat local ice cream as you wander the zoo! We LOVE it! But it was 107 degrees when we arrived at 6 pm, which sucked!! But we pushed on and worked on stuffing our faces. Sidebar, I planned for this and knew I was eating outside my paleo plan, but I love ice cream and this is one night a year so I (over)indulged, I got my run in dark and early too so I felt good.
But as I was enjoying ice cream and squealing with the girls over one of my favorite animals, the Blue Duiker (a mini antelope, how does it get any cuter) a horrible thing happened. A June Bug flew into my hair, I was pretty cool about it, I only jumped around a little and I didn't scream! But that is honestly one of my biggest fears, I HATE June Bugs, the clicking and buzzing is so creepy. I survived the attack and went on to enjoy 5-6 more servings of ice cream.
Tomorrow school starts, let the madness begin!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I have ever seen a June bug, but it sounds pretty creepy! Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dog that would hunt the June Bugs that would congregate on our screen door. He loved summer. The sound reminds me of him.

    Good luck with school tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete