Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in Review

Best race experience? Would have to be the Veteran's Day 10K I did. After my really horrible 10K on the 4th of July it felt great to do well. I could have done without the dry heaves at the end, but I'll take the result.


Best run? I think it was my 13 mile training run, it felt good knowing that I can actually run that far! It was exciting!

Best new piece of gear? This is a tough one because it was all new to me in 2011. I think that my Garmin 305 and my amazing Brooks Glycerin 8's were my favorite things.

Best piece of running advice you received? That I have to push farther than I physically think I can, running is more about what my heart and mind can do than my body.

Most inspirational runner? This is a tough one. I have found so many inspirational people through running blogs since I started running. There are so many that inspire me for different reasons. I can't pick just one.

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? An amazing change

My final run of 2011 yesterday was done with my 7 year old
we ran 1.26 miles in 14 minutes, she's a rock star!!

4 comments:

  1. Did you just begin running this year? I began October if last year, but didnt purchase and gear until this year.. Garmin is definitly my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started running for real in 2011, I dabbled off and on for years and this is the first time it really stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great year of running and what a fun last run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok. I guess I had just assumed you had been a runner for a while.

    ReplyDelete