Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's Like a Heat Wave

Actually it is literally a heat wave. It is so horribly hot here, there has been no break from the over 100 degree temps in over a week and it looks like there will be at least 5 more days if this. I am not a fan of summer, especially when the temps climb to nearly 110, this sucks! And tomorrow I am running my favorite 10k, in knee high compression socks (at least that's the plan, I may need to reconsider...) 

7 am tomorrow, 81 degrees. Nightmare!

But for now I'm not going to worry about the heat, I'm just going to enjoy my very fun-filled day ahead and make sure to hydrate and eat some extra carbs. We have some of my favorite things in the works today. We are heading to the library, then to hang out and swim with a friend and her daughters, then to see Despicable Me 2, and then home to do fireworks. What a great day! I already got my slow short run in today and my squat challenge is a rest day today. Happy 3rd of July all!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great day! Yes that heat would be stifling:0 Try to stay as cool as possible for your 10k:)

    ReplyDelete