Thursday, March 29, 2012

Three Things Thursday - The Food Version

I wanted to share a few more tidbits about how I (we) have been eating lately. If what I eat doesn't interest you, skip this post, I promise I won't be offended! But first, I have to say that I got my scheduled run in today, felt really great too, 4.1 miles in 45 minutes in perfect weather.

1. Since I gave up soda I have been craving something to replace the bubbles with, something yummy. Hubs suggested seltzer water and I poo pooed it. But then I tasted it and it wasn't bad. But then when I was at Target I saw these -


Yummy, La Croix carbonated water with coconut flavor. No added sugar, sodium or anything. They aren't sweet, but they are bubbly and I enjoy them. I bought the cran-raspberry flavor to try out today.

2. I still adore my Larabars, I think they are amazing and natural and good when I need something to grab and go! But, some have sugar and some have peanuts, which are both paleo no-no's. Today at Target I was starved and saw a flavor I'd never tried, Blueberry Muffin, and there is no added sugar so I grabbed one to eat with my unsweetened green tea. OMG, it was SO YUMMY!!!

Perfect breakfast on the go!

3. I'm trying to follow this chart when I purchase produce



It is a lot more expensive, but I want the girls (and us big people too) to get the healthiest foods I can! I also found that the organic blueberries were a million times more flavorful than the regular (from the same company).


Bonus - Stopping in to Starbucks when hungry could be a horrible thing, what with all the yummy snacks and baked goods, but I've found the perfect solution 


Amazing and perfect!!

Questions for you -

Do you buy much organic produce? Do you follow the dirty dozen and clean fifteen?

Do you buy organic meat? Grass-fed beef?


Hope everyone is having a great week!







3 comments:

  1. I try to buy organic whenever I can, but the options are still quite limited down here in South Africa - especially in the smaller cities and towns. And expensive too! But still worth it, in my opinion :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on all the changes! I recently discovered La Croix too, and love them... I'm actually drinking one right now. :) I do buy mostly organic, or get veggies from an organic market/CSA share. We buy mostly free range, organic meats but it's so expensive that we've scaled way back on meat in general. (None this month for the vegan challenge.) But I know that's not feasible for everyone. In the past, we've also split up a "happy" cow and stocked our freezer that way, which was much more affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks has been stepping it up with the snack options! I kind of hate that they have those baby food pouches because my kid can't see those without having one. :)

    ReplyDelete