Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weight(y) Matters

I have been trying really hard not to weigh myself very often. There are a few reasons - 1. I obsess about the numbers if I'm not careful, 2. I know logically that my weight isn't the most important measure of my health and fitness, and 3. I feel like I will be disappointed if I don't like the number I see, because of #1 and despite #2! This morning I felt the urge to weigh myself after I finished my Rodney Yee's Power Yoga DVD (what can I say, yoga makes me feel long and lean). And I was quite pleased with the number I saw. I had let my weight creep up to 138, which I was not pleased with, and this morning it was 131! This number thrills me, I know it isn't the be all end all, but it makes me feel like my fitness and food efforts are paying off. So it is a happy Sunday!
Even better, I have been writing this post in the iPhone app while waiting in line at Starbucks (trenta unsweetened green tea is my best friend!) and when I just got to the window it was FREE because the wait was so long. Double bonus, sitting long enough to write a blog post and free tea! Yay for today it rocks! Hope you are having a great Sunday too!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on the weight loss girl! I am finally seeing my numbers go down again. It was a long, hot summer (still hot), and I got lazy. Jessica

    sweatismysanity.com formerly runningtobeskinny.com

    ReplyDelete