In my mind summer = free time, I know that I still have to work, but I still dream about lazy days spent at home. Thus far we haven't had one of those days, NOT ONE!
There have been days where all there was to do was work and one activity, but there have also been days when we've run all day!
The highlights (and lowlights) of the last week have been -
- My bug made performing group (this is a high and a low)
- Bug making performing group means we started summer dance on Tuesday, two days of class, just for her.
- 4th of July was lots of fun and meant a day spent at my parents. It also meant running a 10k in the morning. The 10k went well considering I've been a major slacker and it was even hotter than last year. My time was 1:02, not my best, but not horrible.
- 4th of July also brought a low point, our dog got scared of the fireworks while she was home alone and broke out! She still isn't home and we are all sad!
- Our kitchen floor is done! But the dishwasher doesn't fit!!
- My big girl is gone to camp for the week, good and bad because I miss her but know she's having a great time.
- I got to be part of a video promoting Environmental Sciences yesterday, it's just for the local schools and shown to 8th graders, but it was still cool.
- Last, is a very good thing, hubs started a new job today. This job has tons of potential for growth and he's really excited!
Photo dump time