Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday

One of the reasons I was most excited about starting a blog was doing theme days (I know I'm a dork, but you gotta love the little things!) So, I'm going with the group and doing Three Things Thursday!

1. Newer isn't always better. I love trying new products, if I see a package with that big "NEW" sticker I'm all over it!! But today I tried a new energy chew before I ran and it was HORRIBLE!! I normally chomp on 2 Strawberry Clif Shot Bloks and I'm happy and ready to go. Today, I tried 2 FRS Pineapple Mango chews (I got a 4 pack free from the Lazarex Cancer Foundation with my runner's pack) and they were so yucky I almost spit them out (and would have had my 7 year old daughter not been standing there watching me, but she was and I don't let her spit out yucky stuff I make her try so I choked them down). Never again, yuck!! They did work well for energy though...

2. I am a little bit obsessed with Larabars. I've been eating a full size and a mini every day. They are just so yummy and filling. I've seen recipes on Pinterest so I may suck it up and try making them myself to save some money, or I may just keep looking for $1 off a box and go that way (I'm lazy like that).

3. I am going to be lazy today and not do any chores. My oldest forgot her lunch box in the van so now I've got to go back to her school and drop it off which I'm using as a get out of the house (and chores) free card! Instead I think I'll go to the library and find books.


Today's run was pretty great. I walked my kindergartner to school and ran from there. I did 3.19 miles in 33 minutes before it got hot (that weatherman lied about the cool down, it was way hotter than 90 yesterday and is supposed to be today now too, yuck!).

No comments:

Post a Comment