1. I forgot to pack running shoes or clothes when we went to Monterey. I was so excited to run outside, at the beach, and then I didn't pack anything to wear, idiot! I thought of this in the middle of the night Tuesday when I woke in a panic, but instead of getting up and packing those few things up RIGHT THEN, I went back to sleep promising myself that I would remember in the morning... yeah, that worked out well. Hubs suggested I just run in my jeans, and when I said the only shoes I'd packed were Uggs and Toms, he said that would be fine too.... I was further mocked by the fact that there was a bike/running path right outside our hotel room, not to mention the entire length of Cannery Row at my fingertips (toetips? why don't we ever say that...)
2. We spent the majority of both days on our short getaway at the aquarium. Hubs, our oldest, and our youngest had never been. We had an absolute blast!!
Love these guys, they'll be leaving this year (so sad!)
Me and the three littles posing
The most fun new exhibit
3. We ate at Bubba Gumps yesterday and I loved it at much as the first time. I love the atmosphere, LOVE the trivia, and the food is so amazing!
4. I've been continuing to work on my braiding, luckily the girls are letting me experiment on them. I am bound and determined that I will be giving them fancy hairdo's for school (at least for the first week). Today I only had one subject, but I liked the result.
It's a twist on a braid
5. I have been quite the slacker lately, most of my recent runs have consisted of 2 miles or less, I just can't force myself to make the time to run longer. When I work really late I just don't want to get up in the morning and run, and then I want to spend as much time with the girls as possible, school starts back in less than a month! It is sheer craziness to me that they are going back to school so soon! I hate it! I do enjoy the cool weather and the more normal schedules, but I miss being able to spend whole days just hanging out with my babies, they are just getting so old so fast!